Monday, October 8, 2007

RESPECT MY SEASON!

Ok, so I love the Lord and I believe everything he tells me- both in my heart and in the Bible.
The past few months have been extremely difficult for me, but not in an unbearable-i -just- want- to-crawl- under- a- rock- and- die way. Well, some days I felt like doing that, but it may have just been my dramatic inner self coming out.

I've been jobless since May, I did not pass the bar, my job efforts have seemed fruitless and income/loans/etc trickles in. Although extremely frustrating, I know that it's a matter of time before my season changes and things work in my favor. Besides when you call your blog "Womp Womp" and make it a mission to tell life to keep it moving, you can't really get too down about stuff like this. The biggest issue has been dealing with others who don't respect my current position in life. It's very easy for people to think I'm not applying myself or am being lazy, but non believers don't understand that when God puts you somewhere or sets a circumstance up for you, there is really nothing you can do about.

Putting in 100 applications, going on 100 interviews, or whatever other routes you may chose to venture down will all turn up fruitless when it's not in the plan of God. This is an extremely difficult thing to understand, I sometimes straddle the fence when trying to understand what it actually means. God is putting me in a period of isolation and unemployment to teach me something. Not sure what it is, but there are some things I have gathered from it.

1. Saving
2. Not being judgemental
3. Understand that pride is dangerous and humility is a gem
4. REALLY understanding what it means when he says he will supply your every need
5. Not putting trust or faith in man
6. Realizing what's really important in life and loving those whose heart embodies those things
7. Growing is sometimes painful.
8. Life is 3-D. There are actually 3 sides to every story and situation. Being able to see all 3 before criticizing is a gift.
9. I love my family and friends!!!!!

This is truly a learning experience for me and I am truly grateful for it. I hope I get the lesson this time so I don't have to repeat it EVER again, but in the meantime, RESPECT MY SEASON!

No comments: